Re: problems with pktsetup
  • From: Bernd Adda <b.adda@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:53:33 +0000 (UTC)
Joe Kalden schrieb:
[ . .]
Or what is the <device-name> ?

The device name is like pktcdvd0, eg 'pktsetup /dev/pktcdvd/dev/cdrecorder /dev/cdrom' should succeed! It depends on how you create the device nodes. see pktsetup -h or the udftools doc for more, I'm not totally in to that! Greets

thank you

- - - - - - -

Ingo Brunberg schrieb:
I think your problem is that you are using the old fashioned 2.6.8 kernel/packet-patch together with the udftools patch for newer kernels.

> Try an unmodified version of udftools-1.0.0b3. Then "pktsetup
/dev/pktcdvd0 /dev/hdd" should get you going.

Ingo

ok, I did so

- - - - - - - - -

Frank Steiner schrieb:
Bernd Adda wrote

Setup your writer: # pktsetup dev_name /dev/hdc (my=hdd)

This needs to be upgraded. dev_name is not supposed to be the device in /dev, but any symbolic name you like. With udev etc., all you need to do is

pktsetup mycd /dev/hdd

All you need for this to work is a directory /dev/pktcdvd If this
directory exists and has some stuff in it, you can complete remove the directory and recreate it with a simple "mkdir /dev/pktcdvd" Then use "pktsetup mycd /dev/hdd" and later on you
can use "pktsetup -d mycd".

Mounting then works with "mount /dev/pktcdvd/mycd /wherever"

That's it.

cu, Frank

hi all, thank you for help, but my problems exists still
like this:

I modified my configuration:

In /dev is yet no pktcdvd but a ln -s /dev/hdd /dev/pktcdvd0

My mountpoint is now /pktcdrw

in /etc/fstab I added the following:
/dev/pktcdvd0 /pktcdrw udf rw,noauto,noatime,user,exec 0 0

My cdrw-burner = /media/cdrecorder -> /dev/hdd

Now I did -> and got:

adda:~ # pktsetup /pktcdrw /dev/pktcdvd0
open packet device: Is a directory

adda:~ # mount /pktcdrw
mount: blockorientiertes Gerät /dev/pktcdvd0 ist schreibgeschützt,
wird eingehängt im Nur-Lese-Modus (: only read-modus)

adda:~ # mount /dev/pktcdvd0/pktcdrw /pktcdrw
mount: Spezialgerät /dev/pktcdvd0/pktcdrw existiert nicht
(ein Pfadpräfix ist kein Verzeichnis)
(mount: special tool /pktcdvd0/pktcdrw does not exist)

adda:~ # pktsetup pktcdrw /dev/hdd
ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device

You see, still I can not write on /pktcdrw

please, have you therefore a idea

greetings Bernd

< Previous Next >