SUSE 8.2 Packet-writing problems
  • From: Daniel Pörsch <daniel.poersch@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:45:52 +0000 (UTC)
Hi friends,

I recently upgraded to SuSE 8.2 and was happy to find udf support.
Getting happier and happier as i read the manpages. Immediatly started a
test.

cdrwtool -d /dev/sr0 -q -t 4
finished without an error, but also without an confirmation

... So i did the next step
pktsetup /dev/pktcdvd0 /dev/sr0
... and got the message
open packet device: No such device or address

So I searched the internet and found
mknod /dev/pktcdvd0 b 97 0

but still got the error, some more googling pointed that there should be
a module pktvdcd, but it isn't available in my installation (searched
trough ARCHIVES.gz)

a .cz site (so i only understood the commands), it was said that
modules.conf does need another line:
alias block-major-97 pktcdvd

I did this and a depmod afterwards, but without success.

modprobe pktcdvd, tells ...
modprobe: Can't locate module pktcdvd

Thanx for any help!!!
Greetings!!!