Re: CDRW writing problem?
  • From: Juanjo García Carré <juanjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:54:57 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 09:10:02AM -0800, Ben Fennema wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 12:49:22AM +1100, Alimin Bijosono Oei wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have problems writing data to my CDRW discs in Windows formatted in
> > Linux. In Windows, it complains about writing to the disc is not
> > permitted since the disc is write protected. How am I supposed to remove
> > the write protection? Do I have to do this by reformatting the disc in
> > Linux and enabling write permission to the disc?

Nonsense.

> > If this is the way to
> > do it, how do I give write permission to the disc when formatting it?
> > Thanks for any help and guidance.
>
> What packet writing software are you using in Windows?
>
> Ben

Mmmm... as I can recall from the time I used WinDOS...
Maybe marked as read-only ?
(You know: right click on it, Properties -> check)

Another possibility:
Is it the same equipment for both Lin and Win we are talking about?
Some CD recorders have problems with specific [physically] CD types.

Juanjo

Juanjo Garcia
mailto: informatica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

euroGARAN S.L.