Re: CDRW writing problem?
  • From: Alimin Bijosono Oei <alimin_oei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 04:01:38 +0000 (UTC)

I love people with such helpfull answers at hand.
You should have a look in the archives. If I remember right, the
problem is that the packet patch creates a UDF 2.0 disc by default,
but Windows can only deal with the older 1.5 format.
There is a switch to mkudfs or cdrwtool that leaves you with the
option to choose the older format. Another possiblity is to format the
disc in Windows.

Thanks Ingo.
From the archives, I found a similar problem dated back in August posted by Gustavo Zaera. I guess the different UDF format is the problem. As you mentioned as well, I can format the disc in Windows and then write to it in both Linux and Windows, however, it would be nice if I can do the formatting in Linux. I tried using the switch parameter mentioned in the answer to the posting by Ben Fennema using mkudffs but I didn't have mkudffs, only mkudf which was not working well with the switch. Perhaps I should get udftools? (At the moment I use tools provided in udf-0.9.5)

< Previous Next >