Re: New pktcdvd version available
  • From: Cory Bell <cory.bell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:23:14 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 12:05, Jeff Voskamp wrote:
> Check out the "user" option for mount. Unless I'm mistaken then anyone can
> mount it, they have ownership of it, and only the mounter can unmount it.

I believe you're mistaken. From the mount manpage:

user - Allow an ordinary user to mount the file
system. This option implies the options
noexec, nosuid, and nodev (unless overridden
by subsequent options, as in the option line
user,exec,dev,suid).

When mounted, the permissions on the filesystem itself will still take
effect. I believe when you mount a filesystem with no permission info
(i.e. iso9660, vfat) the user or owner option treats the user who
mounted the filesystem as the owner of all files.

-Cory