Re: New cdrwtool (trying to format too many blocks)
  • From: Peter Osterlund <petero2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:23:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Carlo wrote:

> > What cache are you talking about here? The config option
> > "CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_BUFFERS" (Free buffers for data gathering) is not
> > used in the 2.4 version of the packet writing patch.
>
> I use all three option in the block devices.
> taken from your patch for 2.4.18-pre7
> And i have enabled all three
> CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_BUFFERS set to 4096
> If i increase this value i can have a better write speed for large number of
> little files?
> This buffer where is allocated?
> In memory or in harddrive?

This value is not used at all, so changing it has no effect in the 2.4
version of the packet patch. I think I will remove it from the next patch
to avoid confusion.

The 2.5 version does use this value, but I wouldn't recommend trying that
version unless you are a programmer and want to spend some time trying to
figure out how to fix the compile/link errors usually seen with a vanilla
2.5 kernel.

--
Peter Osterlund - petero2@xxxxxxxxx
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340