Re: [opensuse] How to change printer attributes?
On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 11:15 -0400, Dennis Gallien wrote:
On Monday, May 14, 2012 06:34 AM Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On my CentOS printer server I installed the printer via the WebUI,
uploaded the PPD (via the WebUI), and was able to see and adjust
options. Nothing distribution specific there - just CUPS.
I sometimes use CUPS to adjust printer properties too. For a reason I don't
know, some settings are not available in a particular program's print
dialogue
interface.
Are you sure that the Linux driver supports duplexing? It's not uncommon for
a feature to be supported with the Windows driver but not the Linux
counterpart.

It certainly works for the 94xxCDN & 99xxCDN series printers we have.
Setting it as the default in CUPS makes it the default behavior.

I know - printing duplex doubles the frequency of paper-jams! :)