Re: [opensuse] How to change printer attributes?
On Monday, May 14, 2012 06:34 AM Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 16:52 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
Hi All,
First, thanks to Dirk Gently and upscope for the installation help and
the installation automating script. Dirk, the "R" on the end of
"SCANLETTE" in the 6th line of the scanner script is missing.
I recently obtained an Brother MFC-J6710DW printer and installed the
requisite drivers for network use. Works great
The only problem I'm having is trying to print in duplex (two-sided)
mode. I haven't been able to find out where to set that attribute.
Duplex printing is working from Winblows-7 but not Linux. (screenshots
attached)

I assume you've just gone into CUPS (http://yourhost:631/printers),
selected the printer, and looked at the options?

On my CentOS printer server I installed the printer via the WebUI,
uploaded the PPD (via the WebUI), and was able to see and adjust
options. Nothing distribution specific there - just CUPS.

I sometimes use CUPS to adjust printer properties too. For a reason I don't
know, some settings are not available in a particular program's print dialogue
interface.

Are you sure that the Linux driver supports duplexing? It's not uncommon for
a feature to be supported with the Windows driver but not the Linux
counterpart.