Re: [opensuse] Amarok will not play after KDE 4.8.2 or 4.8.3 and patches
  • From: Robin Klitscher <robin.klitscher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:19:23 +1200
On 14/05/12 18:10, George Olson wrote:
I use Amarok to organize my mp3 language recordings and ever since I
upgraded to KDE 4.8.2 on both my 64 bit machines, it will not play mp3
files. It does play on my 32 bit desktop. I have since upgraded to KDE
4.8.3 and installed the patches, but it still does not play.

<snippity-snip
Has anyone else had this problem?

Mine might not be the same problem, thought it seems at least similar.
The only way I could resolve it was to install and use the VLC backend
in phonon. Haven't been able to get either the gstreamer backend or the
xine backend to work properly in amarok (or in the digikam/gwenview
"Advanced Slideshow" with sound track, for that matter).

oS 12.1, 64-bit, KDE 4.8.3 (although the problem first showed up earlier
in the KDE 4.8 series).

--
Robin K
Wellington "Harbour City"