Re: [opensuse] new flash update crashes in seconds watching cnn video
On 10/05/12 23:59, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 05/10/2012 03:54 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
I, too, "own [my] machine" but as far as the kernel was concerned I
allowed it to pick what was best for the 8-core cpu I have :-) .

There was a discussion about the difference between the "default" and
the "desktop" kernels and, if I recall correctly, the "desktop" is
optimised for better performance which is not that important on a server
with regards to video latency for example.

When you were installing, did the installation select "desktop" and you
overrode this by deliberately selecting "default"?

Can't remember exactly but most probably I have chosen it myself among
many other things

OK, fair enough. But out of curiosity, why did you select -default? Any particular reason?

BC