Re: [opensuse] simple data security: RAID1 or rsync?
  • From: "phanisvara das" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 22:36:56 +0530
On Mon, 07 May 2012 21:36:55 +0530, Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bad, very expensive mistake. We did get
it back. Eventually. From a backup. After much unplanned (and very
inconvenient) downtime. I learned my lesson!

i've had such bad experiences, but only with my own machines. no fun, but a good way to learn.

the idea to use something in production which i've never really dealt with (RAID), even though it's "easy as falling off a log," isn't very clever, to say it mildly. i'll stick to what i've done before, rsync, and probably put RAID on my desktop, to get the hang of it.

--
phani.