Re: [opensuse] Brother MFC-J6710dw compatibility?
  • From: Dirk Gently <dirk.gently00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:45:44 -0400
Thomas Taylor wrote:
Hi All ;)
Have any of you used a Brother MFC-J6710dw with linux?

Not this particular printer, but Brother provides FULL linux support
for all of their products.

I used to buy Canon printers, back when 720 dpi was state of the art.
When I sent an email asking if there would be any 1440 dpi support
for using the Canon 620 on Linux, they didn't even send a reply
acknowledging receipt of the email -- and I got the address right
off of the Canon site.

Have there been any problems with recognition/setup?

I've not had ANY problems installing any Brother printer, other
than that I wish they would provide short shell scripts to
automatically execute the various driver-installation tools.

This is a fairly new printer and I couldn't find it on the HCL so am asking
here.

If its Brother and it's new, it's supported by Brother in
the Linux support section of their website.

Thanks, Tom