Re: [opensuse] To force DPI
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:56:50 -0500
Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

<snipped>
Which is why I don't bother messing with the DPI setting and use the
"density" and the monitors come with different built-in set of
defaults (ie. 1024x768).

Duaine

As I wrote earlier, there's nothing wrong with running a 1,280 x 1,024
display at 1,024 x 768 if you're happy with it. I just remember being
seriously annoyed whenever a newly configured system would refuse to let
me use all the available screen 'real estate'. :-) I got very good at
fine tuning my display configurations "to taste" including regularly
'bumping' DPI up to the next setting and then adjusting font sizes,
etc., until I was happy with it.

regards,

Carl