Re: [opensuse] Upgrading the BIOS
Hi;

Quoting Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Yesterday I picked up from the store all the bits from which to create a new magical computer - which I will be so doing in the next 12 hours or so.

There is an upgrade available to the BIOS on the motherboard - which the installation instructions suggest be done.

However, the darn upgrade file is an *.exe file. I have "unarched" this file and it contains a *bat, an *exe and the actual BIOS upgrade file.

I have never applied a BIOS upgrade while using Linux, and the last time I did apply a BIOS upgrade was some 9 years ago under XP.

The question therefore is: how do I apply this BIOS upgrade when I install openSUSE (12.1)?

Thanks for any hints/comments.

Usually these *.exe files are DOS compatible so you can use Firmware Update Kit (FUK) , see http://lizards.opensuse.org/2012/01/19/fuk-the-kit-you-will-love/

Regards.

--