Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird trouble
  • From: Ευστάθιος Αγραπίδης <stathisagrapidis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:22:13 +0300
Στις 24/04/2012 08:14 πμ, ο/η Wolfgang Rosenauer έγραψε:
Hi,

Am 23.04.2012 19:26, schrieb Robert Schweikert:

Since a recent update of Thunderbird and glibc on 12.1 I am experiencing
trouble with Thunderbird.

Thunderbird does not consistently receive new mail and gets stuck in
Thunderbird all are IMAP accounts.

When Thunderbird gets stuck and I attach gdb it appears to be sitting in
poll().

0x00007f3db5b91ff3 in poll () from /lib64/libc.so.6

But that would be the main thread, thus this may be expected and useless
information.

One way I have found I can reproduce the problem is to delete a message
from my Gmail account through my phone. If I switch to the gmail mailbox
in Thunderbird prior to "bold display of the Inbox" (bold text indicates
and unread message) disappearing then Thunderbird will get stuck. My
guess would be that some error condition is not properly handled in this
case as the message is gone from the server.

But Thunderbird also gets stuck for "no apparent reason". With this I
mean that it will just refuse to get new mail or refuse to load and
display an unread message.

There was an issue matching that description with Thunderbird 11.0 and
therefore 11.0.1 was released. If you still see that it's something new
or unknown. I also have several IMAP account in TB but haven't seen that
with 11.0 or 11.0.1.
Today 12.0 is released (at least from my repo; openSUSE need a few days
for maintenance cycle) and it would be interesting if it's still an
issue there.

Wolfgang

I use the 11.01 of thunderbird version and it happened to my system yesterday. I only use one imap account.

efagra