Re: [opensuse] tablet pc
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:20:59 +0200
Hi

Dne Ne 22. dubna 2012 21:14:01, George Olson napsal(a):
On 04/22/2012 07:48 PM, michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My normal home desktop is OpenSUSE 12.1.

I have a tf101 EEE transformer. I too use samba via ES File
Explorer. Plus I also use rsync and a full shell environment from in
terminal on the tf101 via the non-root method provided by Kevin

Boone here:
http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html

I do like the keyboard dock on the tf101 - makes it a bit heavier,
but you can always leave it at home. The docks extra battery
capacity and charging prioritisation/hierarchy are quite useful.

I would want to store a few things from my computer on the tablet. I
have lots of pictures that I need for work (the tablet would assist me
with presentations). I also have multiple sound files - mp3s mainly -
language files that I use for my continual language review in my work.
So I would want a way to move them over to the PC. I would not
necessarily have to "sync" them, but a syncing mechanism would probably
make it more useful.

I use Android phone (I don't have experience with tablet, but I suppose it's
same) and for syncing of files, I can plug it as USB mass storage device and
syncing it using tools like rsync or sync within Krusader. No problem here.

Then I would also want to move some of my ebooks I have downloaded onto
the tablet.

I use FBReader, just copy files in appropriate format to phone and read. :-)
For management, conversions and so on of e-books, I use Calibre.

If setting it up with a Samba host is easier, then that is probably the
way to transfer files, so I appreciate the tip on that.

Best regards,
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek