Re: [opensuse] firefox 11.0 - eating 25%+ of CPU on 11.4
On 04/14/2012 07:00 AM, Insomniactoo wrote:
Give Icecat a try too some time. It's far more GNU centric, so the 'safety'
and 'protect the user' kind of things are somewhat better. I personally have
tried it and like it except that for *me*, it sometimes seems to 'freeze up'
for
5 or 10 seconds once in a while. I don't know if it was site specific or who-
knows-what. Might (hopefully) just be *my* system, though it does it on my
Slackware *and* the openSuSE. Still couldn't hurt to try it out.

Thanks,

I recall a couple of 'Ice...' browsers that I've heard of in the past. I
grinned at the 'Fire...' & 'Ice...' naming duel. It's time I give it a try. I've
tried just about every other browser since Mosaic :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.