[opensuse] Anyone else seeing Flash content with red and blue swapped?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 20:08:21 +0200
Just in case anyone else is seeing this rather annoying and odd
behavior with the latest 11.2 release of Flash... it's a well known
issue and Adobe is basically ignoring it. Their stock response is to
say "We don't support Linux post 11.2" (even though this IS a bug in
11.2) and then they close the bug.

See the bug reports at:
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3077076
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3097844
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3109467
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3120888
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3136745 (still open.. for now)

You can work around the bug by disabling Hardware Acceleration and
reloading the page... or you roll back to Flash 11.1.

The workaround isn't a fix... it's just a workaround. I don't now how
critical it is to have HW Accel enabled for most people... but so far
it seems to be the only way around the problem (unless someone here
knows of another solution), and Adobe have made it pretty clear so far
that they're not interested in fixing it.

C.