Re: [opensuse] what does 127.0.1.1 mean?
Lynn said the following on 04/03/2012 12:10 PM:

From:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2012-April/166830.html

<quote>
if your DHCP client is able to
do GSS-TSIG updates against windows,
</quote>

Is our DHCP client able to do that?
L x

Let have the full quote:

<quote>
If your DHCP client is able to
do GSS-TSIG updates against windows, it should be able to do the same
against Samba4. If the DHCP client can't update, you'll have to figure
out how to fix the client side of things.
<quote>

Lynn, this is all well documented in the various references I have
provided and can be tested with nsupdate.

Start from the inside out.

1. Can you dynamically update DNS with forward and reverse
(manually, cli using nsupdate) ?

If not, then you have a problem with DDNS against BIND.
Find out what that is and fix it

2. Is the crypto key shared between DHCP and BIND?
This should be the same key used in (1)

3. Is DHCP set up to use DDNS against BIND for the relevant subnet?
Again, consult the URLs for parameters to DHCP that I included in
earlier mails

--
I wonder why. I wonder why.
I wonder why I wonder.