Re: [opensuse] Dumpkeys, euro vs en_US.UTF-8
Hello,

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012, Michael Fischer wrote:
Can anyone clue me in as to how to use dumpkeys (or potentially
a UTF-8 aware successor) on 12.1 with en_US.UTF-8?

xmodmap -pke
xev

Goog. hasn't shown me much help except that the euro is appearently
U+20ac, which isn't even listed by dumpkeys.

dumpkeys is for the linux console, see 'man loadkeys'.

If anyone can point me to a resource which tells me how to create my own
compose combinations... :-)

Here's a snippet from my ~/.Xmodmap:

keycode 26 = e E EuroSign eacute
! use both Win-keys as AltGr/Mode_switch/ISO_Level3_Switch:
keycode 115 = Mode_switch Mode_switch
keycode 116 = Mode_switch Mode_switch

You should use 'xev' to check if those are the right keycodes for you.

HTH,
-dnh

--
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide acorns." -- Burn Notice, 1x12