Re: [opensuse] how to add users non interactively?
  • From: Martin Jedamzik <MartinJedamzik@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:28:12 +0200
Am Samstag, 24. März 2012, 01:20:07 schrieb Andreas:
Hi,
is there a convenient way to add a couple of user accounts in a non
interactive way?

I'd like to have a scrpipt that does something like

useradd user1 --p pass1 -G group1, group2
useradd user2 --p pass2 -G group2, group3

I'd rather have those passwords unencrypted in the batch file as I can
make sure noone will see it.

Hi Andreas,

try "chpasswd". It even works with encrypted passwords.

Regards,

Martin

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty,
than those attending too small a degree of it.