Re: [opensuse] parameter hostip on boot prompt does not work?

thank you for enlighten me ;-)

I found the "thing I didn't see".

For all, who have the same Problem:

I you want install via autoyast and load the xml-file from network,
than it is not enough to do this via "hostip" and "autoyast" parameter.

It is required to use the additiona parameter "netsetup=1".

example for boot option:

netsetup=1 hostip= gateway=

here the values for netsetup:

# default = dhcp,hostip,netmask,gateway,nameserver
# same as 'default'
# do dhcp
# setup all interfaces
# ask for static network parameters and configure it immediately

Sadly, it is not documented (forgotten?) in the deployment guide from SLES11.

Thanks all,