Re: [opensuse] Re: faster way to get total dir size besides du?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 21:34:33 +0100

On 2012-03-09 21:17, Anders Johansson wrote:
if there were such a thing as a frivolous patent claim, as there are
frivolous law suits, Microsoft would be up to their ears in fines. There
is no way on earth that those patents would stand up in court.

I doubt that they are that dumb, and I doubt that a company such as SUSE
will risk it, till somebody else does.

I hope that you are right, but I doubt it.

There is no doubt that those two patents are ludicrous and easily dismissed. I
don't know what else they have, I "hope" it's more because if that is all they
have they really are that dumb.

The risk you mention is another thing. It's one thing to be technically right,
it's another to convince 12 good windows users and true that you are right,
and in the mean time you have to pay the lawyers. This is the only reason
anyone pays any heed to all that silliness

Anders