Re: [opensuse] SuSE 12.1 and Thunderbird 10.0.2 Problem
On 02/03/12 13:23, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-02 02:53, Basil Chupin wrote:
The URL you mention above does not provide the final answer to the
question, and your reference to "the quota system" being stopped (by you):
what "quota system"? where is it? and how did you "stop" it?
There is a filesystem quota in Linux which can be enabled. If a user
reaches the limit, even though there could be free space, his programs
would receive the no free space error, IIRC.
10.3.5. Managing Quotas

Thanks Carlos.

In all the years that I have been using openSUSE I have never heard of this so this is a revelation to me (as many things are :-) ) .

BUT, this quota thing is NOT installed by default when one installs oS but has to be deliberately installed.

So I wonder how or why the OP happened to have it installed? I wonder if he will tell us.

I'd rather live one more day as a wolf than an entire life as a lamb.