Re: [opensuse] SuSE 12.1 and Thunderbird 10.0.2 Problem
On 02/03/12 13:23, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-02 02:53, Basil Chupin wrote:
The URL you mention above does not provide the final answer to the
question, and your reference to "the quota system" being stopped (by you):
what "quota system"? where is it? and how did you "stop" it?
There is a filesystem quota in Linux which can be enabled. If a user
reaches the limit, even though there could be free space, his programs
would receive the no free space error, IIRC.

http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/htmlsingle/openSUSE/opensuse-startup.html
10.3.5. Managing Quotas

Thanks Carlos.

In all the years that I have been using openSUSE I have never heard of this so this is a revelation to me (as many things are :-) ) .

BUT, this quota thing is NOT installed by default when one installs oS but has to be deliberately installed.

So I wonder how or why the OP happened to have it installed? I wonder if he will tell us.

BC

--
I'd rather live one more day as a wolf than an entire life as a lamb.