Re: [opensuse] Fed up with Kmail2
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:14:09 +0100
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 15:02, Stefan Gofferje <stefan.gofferje@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/24/2012 12:07 PM, C wrote:

KMail is well known to be problematic in KDE4...  You can't really
blame openSUSE on something that is an issue with upstream KDE.  If
you go to any other distro that is shipping the *same* release of
KDE4, you will find similar if not identical issues with KMail.

KMail2 ist not the only problem in 12.1, as the list archive and various
reviews in the web show. The whole release was composed too fast and not
thoroughly checked before releasing.
And nobody forced SuSE to go from Kmail to KMail2.

??? Think about what you wrote there... nobody forced you to use
KMail2. KMail2 is part of KDE4... if you have problems (most of which
are probably very well documented and have bug reports open on them)
then you can either help fix it... or use an alternative - of which
there are many.

Show me a single release of ANY Linux distro (or ANY other OS by any
other commercial OS vendor) that doesn't have list archives and
various reviews on the web that point at flaws. You can't. If
openSUSE was held back and not released until everything was 100%
perfect we'd still be waiting on release 1.0.

C.