Re: [opensuse] Poor performance in 12.1
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:56:19 -0600
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:21:13 +1100
Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, forgot to also ask if you have Desktop Effects enabled.

Not all.
If GPU is any good then disabling all effects you getting rid of some
useful that actually make desktop responding faster.

I disabled a lot, but mostly those that are just a decoration. What to
disable is actually hard to tell as it depends on GPU/CPU combination.
It is probably the best to go trough the list and see how each effect
affects desktop responsiveness.

Also, shadows that my old CPU and GPU don't like is not actually in
effects, but windows decorations - shadows and glow in the Oxygen style.
Configure Desktop >
Workspace Appearance and Behavior >
Workspace Appearance >
Window Decorations >
click on button "Configure Decorations" and fix what is in a shadows
tab.

--
Regards, Rajko