Re: [opensuse] configuring mailman
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:18:11 +0100
jdd wrote:

Hello,

I have to configure mailman and do this for the first time.

It was not so obvious to find the SuSE doc, so I copied it to the wiki
here:

http://en.opensuse.org/Mailman

That said, I have followed all the steps and do not know where is
mailman :-)

I mean, how can I find mailman from the web?

You can usually access mailman under http://example.com/mailman

the first step of the instructions is:

1) in /etc/sysconfig/mailman tweak the parameters
MAILMAN_SMTPHOST
MAILMAN_DEFAULT_NNTP_HOST
MAILMAN_DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
MAILMAN_DEFAULT_URL_HOST
MAILMAN_VIRTUAL_HOSTS
and run "SuSEconfig -module mailman".

my host is culte.org, so did I write in the file (same for all)

but I let empty the VIRTUAL_HOSTS part, because I don't know what to
write there.

mailman can serve multiple domains, if you only need one, you probably
don't need virtual hosts.

the default /etc/apache2/conf.d/mailman.conf file is (and I don't see
any ServerRoot):

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /mailmanicons/ /usr/lib/mailman/icons/
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

I think that means mailman is accessible on all websites in your apache
config.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.1°C)