[opensuse] Kontact and Google Calendar resources - broken.
I originally posted this in opensuse-kde but got no responses there so I'm
trying here. (Will Stephenson - any ideas?)

Hi all. Has anyone gotten Google Calendar working with Kontact recently?

I have installed libgcal and akonadi-googledata but every time I attempt to
add an Akonadi Google Calendar resource, as soon as I enter the username and
password Akonadi returns with an "Invalid Password" error and fails to
connect.

Tracing the connection with wireshark shows Akonadi responding to the server
TLS handshake with an Unknown CA error.

The strange thing is that KMail's IMAP works absolutely fine with GMail IMAP
attached to the same account (so I'm thinking this is a bug either in libgcal
or akonadi-googledata).

Searching the 'net shows that this also affects other distributions so I've
raised an upstream bug #293963.

Cheers,
Rodney.