Re: [opensuse] opensuse 12.1 Can't see other OSes
On 13/02/12 07:37, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Swapnil Bhartiya<swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> [02-12-12 15:32]:
On 02/12/2012 09:24 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 2/12/2012 12:22 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
Hi,

I have been using openSUSE for a few months now and loving it and have
started recommending it to users as well. There is one issues. If you
have other Linux OSes installed on your system openSUSE can't see
them. Why is so and what is the possible solution?

Swapnil Bhartiya
Ir you want to see them, simply add those partitions to your fstab.
Oh, apologies for confusion. I mean I can't see them during boot. openSUSE
boot menu only shows openSUSE and not Linux Mint and Debian which were also
installed on the same machine.
Felix answered this in another thread earlier today. The other "linux"
distros are undoubtedly using grub2 which openSUSE cannot read, but he
gave a simple example to add those other distros to openSUSE's grub.

I am rather puzzled by this (so what else is new, you ask?): when I boot 12.1 I see on the screen "Grub2 starting" - yep, "Grub2". So, who is telling porkies? :-)

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.