Re: [opensuse] Offline Update of SuSE ?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:13:42 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2012-02-11 at 15:57 -0000, Peter Maffter wrote:

Is there a solution for this in SuSE 12.1?
Some file list with the newest updates so that I can download them with wget or
similar?

Not that I know.

There is, however, a security announcement mail list where you are informed or all, or most, of the security updates, and choose from there.

I do not want to browse through the old updates and I do not want to have the
hassle to select files.
Just a simple solution.

Most of us simply use YOU to update the system via Internet. It simply works, it downloads what is needed only. If your machine is not connected, then I'm sorry, there is no simple solution. You have to make do with what there is available, and/or develop yourself new methods.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)