Re: [opensuse] Offline Update of SuSE ?
* Peter Maffter <petermaffter@xxxxxxxx> [02-11-12 11:00]:
Is there a solution for this in SuSE 12.1?
Some file list with the newest updates so that I can download them with wget
or similar?

I do not want to browse through the old updates and I do not want to have the
hassle to select files.
Just a simple solution.

----- Urspr√ľngliche Message -----
Von: Peter Maffter <petermaffter@xxxxxxxx>
An: "opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: 23:29 Mittwoch, 21.Dezember 2011
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Offline Update of SuSE ?

The problem is, that I would like to have the list of latest updates at first
without browsing.
It would be easier for me.

----- Urspr√ľngliche Message -----
Von: Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You can browse it via http and choose.

zypper ref; zypper -v up

will provide you with a fresh list of updates

zypper up --download-only <file1> <file2> <file3>

will download specified files and not install

zypper mr -kt

will enable keeping packages for all *remote* repo

zypper --help
zypper <option> --help
man zypper

Are all big helps in learning how zypper package management works