Re: [opensuse] Problems with PDF - Seamonkey & Firefox
James Knott wrote:
I have noticed some problems with opening PDFs in Firefox and
Seamonkey, but not Konqueror browsers. When they fail, I get a
blank or black display. Here is one link that I tried today:

http://ryerson.ca/content/dam/currentstudents/forms/OfficialTranscriptRequest.pdf

Konqueror has no problem with this link, but Firefox and Seamonkey
both choke on it. This is on 64 bit 12.1 and Adobe reader is installed.

I have always had that problem when using Adobe. I resolved it by
removing Acroreader from my system, and configuring the browswer
(Seamonkey in this case) to use mozplugger for PDF files. That loads the
system default application, Okular, as a plugin, which works just fine.

There is just one small problem with this, however -- I am not able to
search within a PDF file loaded into the browser, and have been unable
to find any setting which might resolve it.