Re: [opensuse] Epson v330 scanner
On 09/02/12 21:01, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 09/02/12 20:35, Stan Goodman wrote:
On 02/09/2012 02:01 AM, doug wrote:
On 02/08/2012 06:47 PM, Stan Goodman wrote:
In searching for a new scanner to replace my old one that is now
defunct, I have become interested in the Epson V330. This scanner is
unsupported by XSane, but Epson has a driver for it. It also has a GUI
for this driver, but this GUI is said to support only black and white
scanning. My question is if I install this driver, will XSane be able
to see it and make use of it? I would be grateful for comments and
advice, especially from anyone who has tried this.with an Epson scanner.

I would think long and hard about getting a scanner that could only do
black&white. It would be good to verify what the
capabilities would be before you buy it. --doug

I wouldn't buy such a scanner either. It isn't the V330 that is limited to monochrome scanning, but the front end that Epson associates with the epkowa driver. That's why I am asking if XSane can see and use that driver. From Basil's response, it seems that it can.

There are 2 GUIs available to handle the Epson scanner. One is Scanlite in Yast and the other the XSane. The Scanlite is very primitive from memory. Sorry I cannot check this out at the moment - but I am pretty sure of what I just stated is correct.

I just checked. The XSane gui is the one to use.

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.