Re: [opensuse] awesome window manager? Where?
On 02/08/2012 10:37 PM, Mark Misulich pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 18:51 +0100, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 02/08/2012 05:44 PM, Mark Misulich wrote:
Next, I used Togan's repository for 12.1 by adding it via yast. Then, I
used Software management to select Awesome, Awesome Desktop, and Awesome
bling-bling and install them via yast. After installing, I found
Awesome was a selection at the KDM login screen. I selected it, then
tried to log in. It tries to login and the screen goes black, but
everything crashes and I end up back at the KDM login screen. After
multiple tries to login, I had the same results and went back to KDE.

If you can post .xsession-errors that might help But
Hi,
I can't find .xsession-errors file using find file/folders. I can find
xsession in /etc/x11 but no errors found there, it only says that KDE
session is already running.

How about the following commands in a konsole window:

cd
ll .xsession-errors

What were you using to "find file/folders". If it is dolphin then you also need to enable, in view pulldown, hidden files.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998