Re: [opensuse] Re: Problems with PDF - Seamonkey & Firefox
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:51:07 +0100
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 13:44, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
there *is* an acrobat plugin (I didn't think of it and just desactivated
it), and it's installed also when installing acroread from adobe sources. I
need acrobat reader because ocular don't print well any pdf

Ooow, in what way doesn't it print "well any pdf"?

I just printed off 2 pdf files to be sure and they printed perfectly using
okular.

Just for the background: I opened Dolphin, selected the files and opened
each with okular and then printed each using okular.

The only time I've bumped into issues with recent versions of Okular
and PDFs is with the complex PDFs filled with loads of form
silliness... but those are close to impossible to print properly from
any viewer.

Regular PDFs and standard HybridPDFs (the ones with embedded ODF
source documents) print fine every time from Okular. Generated PDFs
from online ticketing services that I use (eg train and flight
tickets) also print 100% using Okular.

It used to be with older versions of Okular that there were print
issues... I'm talking a long time back though. Now? I work with PDF
a lot and never saw any need/reason not to use Okular.

But.. to each his own :-)

C.