Re: [opensuse] Which kernel
* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-05-12 23:31]:

In case those reading don't recall, the OP was written by a virtually blind
person who struggles to do anything at all with his computer. All the noise
in this thread just makes it that much harder for him to get his problem
solved. Whether his 2GB RAM 64 bit AMD ordinary desktop system should be
running the "default" kernel or the "desktop" kernel is the _only_ thing he
needs to know for purposes of this thread.

And I suggested the "desktop" version which I have read here was
appropriate for nearly anything the *normal* user would need including
running mail/web/ftp server(s).

<quote>
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> [02-05-12 17:00]:
Running 1`2.1 with KDE3

Last night I did a zypper 'up' zypper downloaded TWO kernels.

kernel-default and kernel-desktop. Now I;m havinf trouble with my
nvidia
drivers. I guess it's confused.

So which is the correct one for 12.1 ?

both but you probably should be using desktop
don't know about kde3
</quote>

And you have denied the answer as ?? vague or .....

maybe it will not work in a mazda