Re: [opensuse] Reboot Fails After 12.1 64Bit Installation?
On 02/04/2012 03:23 PM, James Knott wrote:
Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 02/04/2012 01:09 PM, James Knott wrote:
Jesse Palser wrote:

Anyone have any idea what the problem is
and how to successfully install openSUSE 12.1 64Bit
onto my computer?

No idea what the problem is, but I also can't boot 12.1 on one computer. I have to leave the DVD in the drive and boot it first then it continues on to booting from the hard drive, which then works.

Interesting! I'm working on the exact same issue on a remote
server in Vancouver. The folks in the NOC and I suspect the
issue is with a GPT partition of almost 3-TB. It's not in the boot
path but it might be borking grub. They're going to work on
it this evening.

So James: do you have any large partitions?

/home is on a 160 GB drive, but the rest is on a 60 GB, just as it has been for the past several years.

Thibititit! There goes that hypothesis.

Regards,
Lew