Re: [opensuse] Reboot Fails After 12.1 64Bit Installation?
El sáb, 04-02-2012 a las 04:20 -0500, Jesse Palser escribió:
Reboot Fails After 12.1 64Bit Installation?

Hi,

I've been waiting a long time for a great Linux distribution.
(been running Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 HP 64Bit for over a year)

I tried openSUSE 12.1 64Bit in VirtualBox and it looks and ran
fantastically.
So I burned the DVD, put a new HDD into computer and installed it.
Installation appears to be successful, but when it tries to reboot after
install
it does not reboot and the screen shown is garbled graphic?
(if I reset the computer, I get an operating system is not found error)

My computer specs:
- Dell XPS 420 desktop
- Intel Core2Extreme 4-core CPU
- 8GB DDR2 RAM
- Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB w/64MB RAM HDD
- nVidia GeForce GTS 450 PCIexpress 1GB GDDR5
- Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 1

Anyone have any idea what the problem is
and how to successfully install openSUSE 12.1 64Bit
onto my computer?

Thanks!

Jesse

Try to boot manually. Maybe you would need to power off and power on
manually to continue with the installation process. Once you finish the
installation and updates process most probable your issues will go or
will need to switch to Nvidia driver (some glitches woriking with
windows and workspaces). In case you have some issues trying to install
Nvidia repo remember to use http instead ftp repo source.

Regards,
--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
Linux Ambassador