Re: [opensuse] Cautionary tale re encrypted HOME directory
On 03/02/12 12:53, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-02-12 20:21]:
Thanks for this. As I stated, I didn't know how the encryption worked
because I have never bothered with it. But I have learnt a lot from
all the comments made in this thread and I have been "heducated"
somewhat on this subject :-) . I shall now go away and have a look at
how to encrypt my external HDD.
Just make sure you use "open source" to do it, not that included in the
drive mechanics or your computer hardware.

Just a follow-up to what I wrote earlier.

I just read the wikipedia entry for TrueCrypt and now found that in 12.1 there is REALCRYPT v7.0a-2.6 which is rebranded TrueCrypt (to allow for alterations to be made - GPL licencing I guess).

Any contras to my installing REALCRYPT in Yast?

BC

--
"If I were a rich man, yubbydibbydibbydibbydibbydibbydibbydum.
All day long I’d biddybiddybum, if I were a wealthy man.

Which probably explains why I’m not."