Re: [opensuse] Cautionary tale re encrypted HOME directory
On 03/02/12 12:53, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-02-12 20:21]:
Thanks for this. As I stated, I didn't know how the encryption worked
because I have never bothered with it. But I have learnt a lot from
all the comments made in this thread and I have been "heducated"
somewhat on this subject :-) . I shall now go away and have a look at
how to encrypt my external HDD.
Just make sure you use "open source" to do it, not that included in the
drive mechanics or your computer hardware.

Thanks, Patrick. Fortunately I don't have any hardware that has this feature - possibly something which I may be buying in the foreseeable future in which case I definitely will not use it.

BC

--
"If I were a rich man, yubbydibbydibbydibbydibbydibbydibbydum.
All day long I’d biddybiddybum, if I were a wealthy man.

Which probably explains why I’m not."