Re: [opensuse] motherboard search engine
On 01/19/2012 07:02 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
Istvan Gabor wrote:
Is there a search engine/page for PC motherboards where I
can find motherboards by properties, eg. floppy, serial
port, parallel port, IDE port support?

Currently it is hard to find a motherboard that supports
these devices and browsing specifications one by one for
all modern motherboards would be tedious.
I don't know of a search engine (that's a statement of my ignorance
rather than an assertion that there is no such engine). But I'd have
thought you would be likely to have more success if you looked for addon
cards or USB devices etc for these devices rather than trying to find
them on the motherboard.
I recently bought a Gigabyte P45T-ES3G which will do what you're looking for.
I got it from Newegg. It supports 64 GB quad core cpu and 16 GB ram.
Also bought a Foxconn G41MXE with slightly lower specs, and 8 GB ram.
Both have built-in sound.
These are not the latest possible mobos, but, like you, I wanted the
capability of using some of the older equipment with it.

--doug