Re: [opensuse] Mentor wanted for programming
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:13:09 +0100
Thomas Taylor wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:52:54 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For someone who can read code, fix bugs and submit patches, the only
hurdle is getting to know the build service. It IS a hurdle, but not
unsurmountable. I think the build service documentation is lacking a
lot (comprehensive howtos for instance), but asking on the -packaging
list usually gets you going. There are also some good blogs out
there. Familiarizing oneself with the spec file syntax is just
something one has to do.

Hi Per;
Would you please post us a few of those blogs to help folks getting
started?

Hi Tom

sure, I should have added them in my first post.

I was initially referred to this one, which although not exactly a
howto, did help me with my first steps with OBS:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/06/20/opensuse-factory-fixing-packages

I don't have any other links handy, but I know I've come across one or
two other blogs which were helpful. There are also guides/references
to the osc (the command line interface) and the web-ditto. Due to the
SOPA sillyness today, I can't access most/all of the other openSUSE
pages. :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-3.9°C)