Re: [solved] Re: [opensuse] Re: flash is so not idiot-proof
On 10/01/12 17:18, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:47:53 -0500
Carl Hartung<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:37:11 +1100
Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
8<---- snipped ----
Most interesting....I am running Firefox 9.0.1, repeat 9.0.1, and
everything is working AOK: all videos being displayed by Flash 11.1
with the greatest of ease.

BC
Could this be because you've installed one correctly packaged for the
distribution and not followed a Firefox 'download latest version'
link?
This had to have been the difference, Basil. I'd neglected to add the
upstream openSUSE 'Mozilla' repository, also. Like the OP, I only had
an 'official' package for Firefox at 9.0 available. Once I added the
upstream Mozilla repository for 11.4, the distribution I'm running:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.4

9.0.1 became available to install. I have just installed it and my
plug-ins are working fine.

That's the difference between installing a generic package from
an outside source vs. installing one correctly packaged for your
distribution.

Ah, I see. I automatically select the Mozilla repo after I do an install so that is why I have FF v9.0.1 as you mention.

BC

--
What religion were Adam and Eve?