Re: [opensuse] Re: Private insulting acceptable?
Am Freitag, 6. Januar 2012, 21:58:15 schrieb Kim Leyendecker:
On 06.01.2012 20:26, Sven Burmeister wrote:
I do also believe though that one should have a place to forward those
emails to in order to keep track of those that fall into the habit of
insulting (via private mail) more than once. And IMHO the usage of terms
like "ass", "fuck you" or "FOAD" and similar language should also be a
reason for calling those people to order and reminding them that that
kind of language is not welcome on this list.

hm, I wouldn't say it depends on the words which are said and I believe
that "fuck you" shouldn't belong to them, since it isn't something real
insulting, but more tells the addressee more to "change his or her point
of view" [1]

One could start discussing the exceptions etc. but in general I think that
such language does not belong on this list. So whoever uses it – apart from
showing off his education – should get a warning and if insulting people
continuously, get removed from the list.

I'm not talking about friends interacting or whatever, I'm talking about how
to talk to people in general, i.e. you do not go to somebody selling you a
ticket or whatever and think it's ok that they tell you to "fuck you" or call
you names like as, leaving alone FOAD. In fact I would ban people for the
latter instantly until the apologise.

Sven