Re: [opensuse] System Showing Only 4GB RAM
On Friday 06 January 2012, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
Seems like MB is the culprit. I tried resetting RAM and CPU but no
success then I removed 2 sticks leaving on 4GB on board but then the
system detected only one. I tried one and failed to detect RAM from 2
slot. I don't know if its a hardware issue or BIOS.

The QVL list I've posted in my other email says that only 2 of these 4
slots are working if RAM is running on 1600MHz. There are also issues
with 2.66GHz CPUs.
Have you checked your BIOS settings?

cu,
Rudi