Re: [opensuse] Re: Chromium - What information is collected with 'spdy'? Why doubleclick.net??
On 01/05/2012 02:29 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Of course having the Adblock plugin is better in a number of ways.

Agreed, but I had to ding the devs of Adblock for their recent slip in of the
default setting to:

"Allow some non-intrusive advertising"

WTF?? It appeared and smelled like a sellout. When the add-on update hit my
kids boxes, and they had no idea what this was, and I was shocked to find it
enabled by default. Hopefully Adblock will re-think the cost to its reputation
for this 'let the ads that pay us in' option...

(yes I see that it is only for small ads, yada yada yada.. right bucko)

If you haven't checked, go to:

Edit->Preferences->Add-ons->Adblock Plus->Filter Preferences, then uncheck:

[x] Allow some non-intrusive advertising

Good grief!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.