Re: [opensuse] What repository should I use for tumbleweed version
  • From: "Dmitry A. Ashkadov" <dmitry.ashkadov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 03:54:44 +0400

Thank you! You explain very well.

Reinstalling of openSUSE on 4 machines every 8 months is a nightmare!
Why?

I made clean installation of openSUSE. I downloaded iso of next release and then reinstalled openSUSE. In this case I never reused configs in home directory. So, configuring every application is a nightmare!

Then run zypper dup on each machine when a you want to upgrade.
Hm.. Zypper wants to install packages that I don't want install (Qt3, KDE3 libs, gmplayer, kde3-kaffeine, etc).

The Tumbleweed repo only holds the deltas between the current full
release (12.1) and what's in tumbleweed.
But now I don't understand what is a difference between repositories "Tumbleweed:standard" and "openSUSE-current: Updates". I see may updates in the second repository. Moreover LibreOffice has been removed from Tumbleweed:standard and moved to "OBS-LibreOffice" ( http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ ). So, if the updates may be got from "openSUSE-current:updates" and OBS repositories, what is a reason for "Tumbleweed:standard" repository?