Re: [opensuse] Re: Chromium - What information is collected with 'spdy'? Why doubleclick.net??
  • From: upscope <upscope@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:30:24 -0800
On Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:56:39 AM David C. Rankin wrote:
On 01/04/2012 10:25 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 04/01/2012 16:46, David C. Rankin a écrit :
Guys,

What is the chromium browser doing with 'spdy' and what all

spdy or spyd?

just wondering :-)

jdd

SPDY (pronounced speedy) is an experimental networking protocol
developed primarily at Google for transporting web content.

It's new to me and if it's communicating with doubleclick.net, I'm
concerned with the personal information it's grabbing and sending to
google behind my back. More investigation is warranted...

Glad you posted this. Have you tried commenting out the ppdy lines?
I may try it later today. Thtas why I have not used google for a search
engine they spy. Only use chromium as a backup browser but I'd bet if
you look at FireFox their spying also.

--
Russ