[opensuse] System Slow Hard Drive Churning
  • From: Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:26:55 +0100
Hi,

I am noting a new issues for the last two days. Some times my system goes slow and all I hear is HDD noise as if its trying to access data. The entire PC almost hangs and have to do a hard reboot.

PC configuration:
Intel i5
8GB RAM
3 HDDs.

The same issue is on Ubuntu as well. One change that I did make to my system was replaced the stock CPU fan with CoolMaster 212 fan and changed BIOS settings to silent as it was running at full speed.

Swapnil