Re: [opensuse] Yast nfs4 error
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:41:33 +0100
On Tuesday 03 January 2012 17:08:36 Per Jessen wrote:
lynn wrote:
Hi
Yast NFS Client gives me the option to choose a share and select
nfsv4. If I select the share I want from the drop down list it will
not mount the share. I think the dialogue is wrong. e.g. if /home is
exported and I select /home from the drop down list it will not mount.
For nfs4 it should change /home to /

How would you be able to distinguish between an exported / and /home ?

You can't, in nfs4 you define an export with fsid=0 and that is all you can
ever export. Everything else you want to export from that server has to be
bind-mounted into that export.

The nfsv3 concept of different exports doesn't exist in nfsv4. You have one
directory exported with fsid=0 and that is mounted as server:/ from the client
- this doesn't mean the root of the server file system, it means the root of
the nfsv4 export

Anders